Sherlock : Chord / Scale Detective
Sherlock is a user-definable library based (reverse) chords and scale finder. Simply touch some keys of the chord / scale you want to look up, Sherlock will find it for you.
- Search by Key
- To search a chord or a scale, click some notes of a chord / scale on the piano input panel. Long-click the key to exclude some chord / scale that have the note.
- Search by Name
- Also, users can look up a chord / scale by selecting a root note and a type name.
- Chord Stack
- Chords can be stored on the stack. Users can try changing an octave or an inversion of a chord and can play the chord. Chord stack is useful in testing a chord progression.
- User-definable Library
- 64 chord types and 74 scale types are already defined in the library. Moreover, users can edit or add data if needed.
- 3-octave ranged piano sounds have been recorded with a high quaity audio device.
Major, Maj6, Maj6/9, Maj7, Maj7 ♭5, Maj7 ＃5, Maj7 sus2, Maj7 sus4, Maj add9, Maj9, Maj11, Maj13, minor, min6, min6/9, min7, min7 ♭5, min7 ＃5, min M7, min M7 ♭5, min M7 ＃5, min9, min9 ♭5, min9 ＃5, min M9, min add9, min11, min13, dim, dim7, aug, sus2, sus4, 7, 7 sus2, 7 sus4, 7 ♭5, 7 ＃5, 7 ♭9, 7 ＃9, 7/6, 7/13, 5, ♭5, 2, 9, 9 sus4, 9 ♭5, 9 ＃5, 9/6, 9 ＃11, 11, 11 ♭5, 13, 13 ♭9, 13 ♭9 ♭5, 13 ♭9 ＃11, 13 ＃11, ♭9, ♭9 ＃5, ♭9 ＃11, ♭9 ♭5, ＃9, ＃11
Ionian (Major), Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian (Natural Minor), Locrian, Javanese (Melodic Minor Natural), Melodic Minor (Ascending), Harmonic Chromatic, Harmonic Minor, Blues, Chromatic Minor Pentatonic, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, 9 Tone Symmetrical, Chromatic, Diminished (Half step-Whole step), Diminished (Whole step-Half step), Leading Whole Tone, Melodic Chromatic, Octatonic (Symmetrical), Symmetrical, Whole Tone (Hexatonic), Altered, Altered Dominant, Arabian, Augmented, Balinese, Byzantine, Chinese, Country, Egyptian I, Egyptian II, Egyptian III, Enigmatic, Ethiopian, Gypsy, Hawaiian, Hindu I, Hindu II, Hirajoshi, Hungarian Gypsy, Hungarian Major, Hungarian Minor, Indian I, Indian II, Iwato, Japanese, Jazz, Jazz Minor, Korean I, Korean II, Kumoi I, Kumoi II, Major Blues, Mohammedan, Mongolian, Neopolitan Major, Neopolitan Minor, Oriental, Overtone, Pelog, Persian, Piongio, Prometheus Neopolitan, Promethus, Romanian, Spanish, Spanish 8 Tone, Spanish Flamenco, Spanish Phrygian, Super Locrian, The Bop Scale
Major, Maj6, Maj7, Maj7 ＃5, minor, min6, min M7, min7, min7 ♭5, dim, dim7, aug, sus2, sus4, 7, 7 ♭5, 7 ＃5, 7 sus2, 7 sus4
Ionian (Major), Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian (Natural Minor), Locrian, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor (Ascending), Chromatic, Blues, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic